1. Identify the Purpose
- The vision of the project from everybody.
- Going through references and examples.
- How will the project get distributed?
- Determination of the target audience.
- The call to action to instruct viewers on the steps to take at the end of the video.
- What can be accomplished within the timeline and budget?
- Discuss who will handle what roles in the production.
- The length of the project.
- Expectations of the edit.
- Script meeting with all decision-makers.
- Share storyboard and script.
- Feedback and discussion of storyboard with the final decision-makers.
- Discussion of all assets that are needed from partner organizations, signing media releases logo and Brand guides shared.
- Discussion on how media will be delivered and shared.
- Determining shoot dates.
- Discuss media release forms.
4. Post Production
- Back up all footage on two different drives.
- Gather stock footage.
- Start on the editing process.
- Send the client the first draft of the videos.
- Incorporate feedback on all videos.
- Send the client a second draft of all videos.
- Incorporate changes.
- Submit final videos.
What creative processes do you use? I would love to know your thoughts. Do you have questions about video production? Check out our services and email me at email@example.com to discuss your vision.